Are you ready to have FUN, FUN, FUN!!! Well, the Distress Oxide Ink shipment is in the store … and Patsy brought in a boatload of Antique Link & Tattered Rose pads and reinkers. Sisterhood Session Two is this Sunday, February 25 and Little Sisters is Sunday, March 4. Please refer to the photographs below to see Class Plan samples. Also, please let me know if/when you will not be attending any session.
Class Plan is to use the Distress Oxide Inks to make create backgrounds for
- Scrappy tags to reinforce the first page of each signature.
- Extra tags to use here & there
- Die cuts and labels
- Paper to stamp images on
- Tickets and
- Ribbon distressing
Next, we will be stamping flourishes or backgrounds on the oxide inked tags, inking the edges, putting them into our books with UHU glue sticks (required), and covering the seam with washi tape. I will supply the scrappy tags for the signatures and 2 extra tags, well as one legal size file folder each. Please bring feel free to bring extra tags, file folders, mixed media and watercolor paper if you like. Quality off white/natural card stock also works (not copy paper).
Bring to Class List is
- Your book (ha ha)
- Your distress oxide ink pads and reinkers. The store has one set of pads to share, and I have about half of the colors to share.
- Your mini wall calendar images (one for each signature/chapter), or other images.
- Seam tape ribbon to match the lightest color in your color palette (I will provide one as a teaching sample, you can buy more at the store). You may want to put one in each scrappy tag (equals 12 for Sisters, and 8 for Little Sisters).
- Versafine or Archival ink pads in black or dark brown … make sure they are reinked and juicy!! However, if you want your flourish/background stamped on the tag in a lighter background color, bring other colors of Archival/permanent ink pads (the store and I have sets to share).
- Flourish or background stamps … I will bring plenty to share. Please feel free to bring your favorites as well, or stamps that match your theme.
- Washi tape that matches your theme/color palette (I will bring a bunch to share).
- Your heat tool … we will have stations to set up for six tools, so there will be sharing.
- Your craft iron … again six stations and sharing.
- A water spritzer bottle.
- Latex gloves if you don’t want inky fingers.
- Paper towels, rags, and baby wipes.
- And, your Cherri Tool Box, of course.
ALSO, start thinking about your chapter titles or words you would like to use in your book. I will print and share my titles, and would be happy to set yours in the fancy font I used, and bring to the following session. My titles were …
- Ride along with me
- The journey has just begun
- Be happy and just enjoy
- Spread your wings and fly
- We rise by lifting others
- Dream up
Thanks & See you soon!!
Scrappy tags … go in the front of each signature/chapter
Die cut and label sample from distress oxide paper
Image stamped on distress oxide paper
Second sample die cut & label
Extra tag used for image mat
Piece of tag used … just because
Another tag with distress oxide ink … I’ll share
Seam binding ribbon with oxide ink application
Tickets with on oxide paper (see right side vertical strip)
### the end