SISTERHOOD CLASS PLAN March 26
Please bring to class …
- Small round paint brush (#2 if you have)
- Glue book
- Paper towels
- Baby wipes
- Neutral cardstock … off white, tan, or light colored in your color palette
- Distress reinkers in your color palette, if you have …I’ll bring stuff to share
Technique 1 – twinkling H2O’s:
- mist color pots
- lightly stir color
- clean off brush on pot edge, then in water, dab brush dry on towel
- dip in color, test on scrap
- color and shade as desired
Technique 2 – paint glaze
- mix paint and gel medium, equal parts
- scrape on paper with plastic card
Technique 3 – reinker to craft sheet
- lightly drag reinker glass tip on craft sheet, do not squeeze
- mist with water
- lightly scratch stir
- blot paper flat into color pools
- drag edges in left over color
Technque 4 – distress crayons
- mist small spot on craft sheet
- dip small round brush into water
- dab onto end of crayon to pick up color
- repeat to achieve shade desired
Technique 5 – rusty hinge
- dab on yellow
- dab on rust … leaving half yellow showing
- dab on rush … leave half of yellow and rush showing
- blend slightly
Technique 6 – double stamping
- using precision stamp press
- place paper, align stamp, ink stamp
- press to paper, reink & repeat!
CLASS PLAN March 12
- New Background Technique: Stamp, restamp & stamp again
- Using stamp with significant “solid rubber”, ink stamp well.
- Stamp once, then without reinking, restamp twice moving the stamp slightly to right and left.
- Repeat “three stamp step” until paper is mostly covered
- Using blender tool, softly color any unstamped background area.
- Blend slightly more color on outer edges.
- Embossing Folder Techniques:
- Example 1 Try new embossing folder spray; creates sharper & more distinct embossing.
- Example 2 Smudge ink onto embossed paper, adding highlights and low-lights. Embellish with “art alchemy acrylic paint”.
- New Product: TommyArt
- Begin with embossed paper.
- Apply “chalk color” paint using blending tool (use only a dab of paint, measured with stir stick). Dry slightly.
- Apply “wax or timbrilla” product using a small rag. Let dry slightly.
- Using a clear small rag, polish wax. Enjoy!
- Old Technique Revisited: Ink Pad on Craft Sheet (group together)
- With distress ink pad directly to craft sheet, smudge three this spots, not touching. Can be same color or different colors.
- Mist inked craft sheet.
- Drag paper across misted ink. Blot until craft sheet is dry.
- Dry paper, repeat with another color.
- Also try technique with reinkers for more pigmented colors (touch reinker lightly to craft sheet and drag to draw a squiggly “S”. Mist reinker, spread randomly with stir stick. Drag and blot paper into ink.
- Dry and iron.
- Cherri’s Stained Glass Technique:
- Use a stamp with “strong outlined image and holes to color inside” (similar to coloring book).
- Stamp with permanent ink, let dry over night.
- Color with pencils.
- Use black soot distress ink pads with 2 inch square of Cut & Dry felt, smudge over colored pencils.
- Use post-it-note to cover spaces where no black soot smudge is wanted.
- New Paper Engineering: Use “on the edge” die cuts for 3/4, half & quarter size width pages
- Individual help with journal design.
- Also To Do: Use Cherri’s alphabets, hole drill press & big shot/die cuts/embossing folders.
- Use a technique or a couple items from home you haven’t used in a while.
- Stop at 3p so you can shop with your 10% class discount.
HOMEWORK between Mar 12 and Mar 26
- Continue working on Journal design.
- Create more journal pages.
- Collect ideas for next alphabet letters.
- Find two more unused/seldom used items from home to include in your journal.